PRP Platelet Rich Plasma Prolotherapy With Ultrasound Guidance
Read about our COVID-19 Safety Procedures
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is on the cutting edge of regenerative therapies. The PRP process uses your body’s own platelets (found in your blood), concentrates the platelets to up to 4-10 times baseline and injects the platelets into the area that needs regeneration. Whether this is an ankle, a hip, a shoulder or low backr The platelets will activate signaling growth factors, cytokines and healing chemicals to repair the area of injury.
Ultrasound guidance is available and used as necessary in deep or difficult to reach areas. It is also used when placement of PRP for nerve pain is needed.
The FDA has approved the two PRP harvesting machines that Dr. Wang uses in her office for PRP Platelet Rich Plasma injections. Depending on the size, location and number of treatment areas Dr. Wang will utilize Harvest Technologies Harvest Centrifuge or Cytomedix Angel system for platelet harvesting and concentration.
Who Would Benefit from Platelet Rich Plasma Injections?
- Chronic or severe Arthritis in joints
- Torn ligaments & tendons
- Joint Instability
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Achilles tendonitis
- Epicondylitis of the elbow
- ACL or PCL tears in the knee
- Tear or degeneration meniscus (knee) or labrum of shoulder or hip
- Cosmetic uses for deep wrinkles of the face, neck, hands.
- Acne scar repair
- Keloid scar repair
- Stretch Mark repair
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) concerns
- Prp therapies
- Prp treatment for pain
- Platelet rich plasma for knee pain
What to Expect
- Before your appointment, stop taking all NSAIDS and unnecessary aspirin, fish oil and curcumin for 4 days before your appointment.
- On the day of your appointment you will have your blood drawn so that your platelets can be used for repairing the injured area. Please come well hydrated for this.
- After your blood is drawn you will wait for platelet harvesting and preparation of your injection. If you are having your platelets harvested for PRP facials, scar or stretch mark treatments, the area of treatment will be prepared and desensitized.
- A needle is used to inject the joint, ligament or tendon(s) of concern. Pain is relatively slight and temporary during the injection and will last for approximately 1-2 days.
- Unlike Prolotherapy injections PRP injections rarely require more than 1-2 treatments for full resolution of pain. Spacing of PRP treatments are often 4-6 weeks if necessary.
- Because PRP relies on the platelet activation and tissue remodeling, results are optimally seen and felt in 3-6 weeks.
Other Treatment Modalities for Pain
- Biopuncture (micro dose homeopathic treatment)
- Neural Prolotherapy (Lyftgoft Technique for nerve pain)
- Traditional Prolotherapy (ligament/tendon/disc or joint stabilization & strengthening)
- Electro Myopulse Treatments for inflammation
- Diet change and regulation
- Hormone Balance
- Nutrient Assimilation and balance (vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids)
- Detoxification (Heavy Metals, pH balance, liver, colon)
- Auriculotherapy (ear acupressure) for acute pain
- NAET Allergy & Energy/Meridian balancing
- Vitamin Injections for Nutritional deficiency
- IV Nutritional Therapies for Chronic Pain and Autoimmune disorders